August 29, 2015

Alyssa's first day of preschool {Brunswick PreK}

This past Friday Alyssa had her very first day of preschool at Brunswick Elementary! She is so excited to be in the same school as her brother... but more importantly, excited to be riding the bus!! She was not thrilled that I drove her to and from school on Friday so that I could take photos and document her first day... but she made it through with just a little bit of grumping.

 We started off with some pics at home... and then I drove little missy to school! The car riders go in the back door of the school so I got to walk in with her and follow her to her classroom. She was a little nervous walking in, but once Mrs. Prichard walked over and started showing her the routine she was just fine. She completed her morning routine and promptly told me it was time for me to go :(

I picked her up right at 11:30 and was greeted with a big smile and her running to me! She had an awesome day with her friends and made play dough! She is considered a peer in the special education class, so she will have some children in her class that are younger, and some that might also have some developmental delays as well. She was quit upset about one of the boys in the class climbing on the tables when he wasn't supposed to. I'm sure she will get used to everyone and everything quickly!

No comments: